Marapharm Ventures Inc. (“ Marapharm” or the “Company”) is a developmental stage publicly traded medical marijuana company with operations based in British Columbia.
Through its wholly owned operating subsidiary Marapharm Inc., the Company has applied to Health Canada to become a licensed producer under the Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) issued pursuant to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada). Marapharm’s initial facility, a proposed 22,000 sq.ft state-of-the-art designed-to-suit cultivation facility, will be constructed on an 11 acre leased site in Kelowna, British Columbia.
The Company’s growth strategy will be to build facilities or acquire licenses in the United States, determined by identifying opportunities and researching the direction and location of sales. The company has currently focused its attention on opportunities in Nevada and Washington.
Land has been purchased in Apex Business Park in the City of North Las Vegas, Nevada, for purposes of building a cultivation and production facility that will house three medical marijuana licenses.
In Washington, the Company has an opportunity to lease a facility to an I-502, tier 3 license holder. The licensee holds a production license for 30,000 sq’ and a processing license with unlimited potential.
Marapharm has also purchased and is developing an all-natural hemp oil product line called, Maragold, which will be ready for market within a few months.
- Innovative – Suite of innovative cannabis products and services that will provide the company with a first-leader advantage in under-serviced and emerging markets and growth sectors.
- Strategic– Dual growth strategy in Canada and the U.S.
- Sales – In Canada - will be proprietary internet, mobile and web-based processes to create virtual store-front opportunities for approved buyers. In the U.S.: Nevada – we have entered into LOI’s with 3 dispensaries for our entire production. Colorado – This facility has both a medical and recreational dispensary. California – entered into an LOI for a dispensary.
- Production – Brand new, energy efficient facilities have been designed to provide maximum product yield at lower cost.
- Management – Proven management group that possess extensive business, cultivation and quality assurance experience.
- Security – Security personnel and state-of-the-art systems to govern access to production departments and to support the required record-keeping responsibilities expected by regulators.
The North American market for legalized medical and adult use marijuana has been projected to conservatively exceed $11.5 billion by 2018. The market for medicinal use in Canada was estimated at $144 million in 2014 and expected to grow by 23% per year to $1.3 billion over the next 10 years.
In the U.S. the legal cultivation of medical and adult use marijuana is a field set to bring prosperity due to changes at the regulatory level combined with the groundswell of acceptance for the idea of use itself. Currently there are 23 states that have legalized medical marijuana, 4 states have legalized adult use marijuana and many more states (including Nevada) have ballot measures in place for the November 2016 elections. In Canada the newly established MMPR has opened up the market to large scale production and pending the outcome of the 2015 election could be legalized.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENT
This page contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the “ACT”). In particular, when used in the preceding discussion, the words “pleased”, “plan”, “confident that”, “believe”, “expect”, and/or “intend to”, and similar conditional expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Act and are subject to the safe harbor created by the Act. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties and actual results could differ materially from those expressed in any of the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, market conditions, competitive factors, the ability to successfully complete additional financings and other risks. This document is not an offer to buy or sell securities. Securities may only be offered by private placement subscription agreement.